Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Hills are Alive!



Crystal Huau sings as 'Maria' during a dress rehearsal for "The Sound of Music" as performed by the Athens Creative Theater at the Morton Theater on Monday, September 22, 2008.

Little known fact. In high school i professed myself to be an actor. (Thankfully most of those photos are buried away and hidden, lest they show up on FailBlog.) I'm every much as good an actor as i am a brain surgeon. Lets put it this way, if my acting fell out of a boat, it couldn't hit water.



Crystal Huau sings with The von Trapp children during a dress rehearsal for "The Sound of Music" as performed by the Athens Creative Theater at the Morton Theater on Monday, September 22, 2008.

Anyways, i got the chance to photograph Athens Creative Theater's dress rehearsal for "The Sound of Music." These are the same people i worked with when i photographed the "Peter Pan" flying shots back in February. They are a blast to work with and work around. Excellent for community theater and those dinner party guests certainly did a better job then I did.



Megan Boyd, center, and Crystal Huau dance during a dress rehearsal for "The Sound of Music" as performed by the Athens Creative Theater at the Morton Theater on Monday, September 22, 2008.



Crystal Huau waits to go on stage as 'Maria' during a dress rehearsal for "The Sound of Music" as performed by the Athens Creative Theater at the Morton Theater on Monday, September 22, 2008.

I wanted to stay for the whole show. Anyone who knows me knows I love Family Guy's irreverent take on the Nuns stealing the distributor cables at the end of the play. However the rehearsal stopped for about a half hour while set pieces were brought into the building.



Isabelle Germain, right, waits offstage during a dress rehearsal for "The Sound of Music" as performed by the Athens Creative Theater at the Morton Theater on Monday, September 22, 2008.

1 comment:

Photomom524 said...

I remember those musicals & I know I have pictures around here somewhere...hmmm I might need some incentives to make them disappear.