Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tilt/Shift Baseball



Trevor Holder dodges a line-drive up the middle.

I wanted to post a compilation of some of the better T/S shots i got from earlier this season. I had a lot of fun doing it and learned a lot about photography and what i do for a living in the process.

It looks like I'm done shooting baseball for the year. Six weeks ago, Georgia looked like they were going to stomp their way into a National Seed and back to Omaha. I figured today I'd be at the SEC Tourney in Hoover, Alabama. (Florida would be a much nicer venue, IMO). That seems like a lifetime ago with it being 3 murders, manhunts and 6 car accidents ago.

I accomplished only 2 of my goals for baseball this season. Doing the tilt/shift thing and to get a HR robbing shot from Matt Cerione. Beyond that I never made it to any of the games i wanted to in April and the baseball gods have been particularly cruel to Georgia of late.



Colby May fouls off a pitch. (Which came way too close to my head)



Left fielder Johnathan Taylor. (First day of using that lens)



A pitcher warming up pregame. (Its the "Chris Detrick" shot!)




Will Harvil goofs off with a baseball.



More pregame.



Trevor Holder stretches.



Thats the Athens Academy coach laying out the batters boxes pregame with the help of their catcher.




Chase Davidson catches a fly ball.

No comments: