Monday, October 10, 2011

Back Porch Sessions: The Glorious Dead


Local whiskey bar Blue Sky is starting a series of small, intimate shows on their back porch. The first night featured "The Glorious Dead" and Dustin Gannon. Photos after the jump.....
Full Disclosure: I am a regular at Blue Sky. I enjoy the whiskey there (Thanks Ali) and have become friends with the staff, so when I heard about this, I made time to go out and shoot it.

 I shot the entire thing with an old manual focus lens in black and white mode on the D700 with the filter that mimics a Red 25 filter and then converted it in Photoshop that ended up adding a bit more contrast. The low light and High ISO give the music and the ambience a feel that almost emulates the music.


People always ask how I do this. Its a slow shutter where the camera is rotated around a center point.



No comments: