Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Epcot30 Fireworks



Folks, I'm a fireworks junkie.  If you know me, its plain to see.  So when I heard that Disney was going to have an extra 5 Minute Tag for Epcot's 30th Anniversary.... I couldnt resist.

More after the jump.....




It has been awhile since I have had to get to a spot over 2 hours in advance for fireworks.  Granted, its not the Arlington Cemetery Hill that overlooks DC for the 4th of July, but hey, it was a good spot.

I went with shooting from Japan; it gives you a sense of PLACE that i don't seem to find elsewhere in the World Showcase.  The show is more out and at your level rather than UP.  I like the framing with the pagoda and the arch silhouetted in the water.  Plus you have an overhang in case it rains.


The finale.  Completely blown out.  The humidity in the air made kept the smoke hanging in the air more than usual.



 
For comparison's sake, the finale to regular Illuminations.

No comments: