Monday, October 1, 2007

Long Weekend

I'm listening to "The State of Massachusetts" off the Murphy's new album. Perhaps Brittney should have listened to it... "The poison stole your babies, the judges took your rights. You can have your children for the night." Anyways onto photojournalism.

(Boston - Philly World Series anyone? Please?)



Couldn't resist this sillouette

So between the Murphys show Thursday night to the football game on Saturday, that was about 42 hours which i shot 2 concerts and 2 football games. Way too many images. Lots of crappy football photos. Lots of underexposed, noisy, out of focus concert photos. Shooting with a 1.8 lens wide open or at 1/30th of a second isn't easy, when your subjects have a lot of energy and are bouncing around everywhere.







I really wasn't on my game for UGA football or HS football. I didn't do that well. I was still in concert mode for Pigpen studio's cd release party at the 40 watt. I mentally lost focus and thats on me. Not enough sleep. Not enough food. Too much talking on the sidelines. I do best with the earplugs in, ignoring everyone and focusing on the moments at hand and making photos.

Every once in awhile I'm very happy with my work. I just want to constantly be getting better. Maybe i am. Maybe i'm just expecting too much right off the bat. Who knows.





1 comment:

Lindy Dugger said...

I like the mohawk. Gotta dig a good hawk.

And the food issue... the answer is PowerBars. Sorta like hotdogs - they taste like shit, but you can live off 'em. Plus they're a lot less messy if you stick em in your pocket to eat between quarters.