Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tubariffic



Well, I figure someday that public high schools will find a way to work well with the press, what with their desire to have media releases and other silly paperwork on file before you even bring a camera into the school. In short, its this: it's not my responsibility nor my news gathering organization's responsibility to know whether or not the subjects of documentary photography in a public school have all of your required paperwork taken care of.



So after some skillful negotiating, I ended up going for some environmental portraits of the subject who is quite the tuba player. I lit it with two flashes, one acting as a fill and one acting as a rimlight and just asked him to play his tuba. I think the shots ended up better than him playing in band class.


1 comment:

Kelly Wegel said...

really nice light

and yeah i miss you too dave-o