Friday, February 6, 2009

Look Boss! De Plane! De Plane!



An Air Force C-17 cargo plane heads in for a touch-and-go landing at Athens Ben Epps airport on Thursday, Feb. 5, 2009.

I got as close to the end of the runway as i legally could. I wanted to try and make a dramatic image with a 20, to try and get the plane going over my head if i could. Instead, i tried to get as low as i could and just shoot it going in front of the sun.

Twisted my ankle as my car couldn't make it to where i wanted to be.

3 comments:

kewlfocus said...

Sweet. Surprised you didn't get hauled off into Terrorist jail though. OMG he has a camera! and it's looking at the plane! There's a spot on the 395 bridge in DC that i'd like to try to shoot of the planes flying into national, they come pretty close to the traffic.

Sneezy said...

I see this one made the paper? Good, because it is very cool.

Is the white streak on the right another plane?

David Manning said...

Yeah it is. I'm amazed it actually made the paper.

I just followed a dirt road around to the fence of the airport and got close enough to make the photo i want.

Now i need to go to the other end of the other runway, which is right next to Lowes.