Monday, September 28, 2009

Georgia football: South Carolina edition



Georgia defensive back runs for a 61-yard touchdown on a reverse as the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.

Georgia football is what makes me and some of my friends $MONEY$. People always ask me about being on the sidelines, isn't this cool, best seat in the house, etc. This is a business to me. This is what pays my rent and puts food on my table. I love sports and I love being on the sidelines but at the end of the day it all comes down to $$$$.

There's a LOT of media at these events. There's a lot of photographers. The best advice that I've been given and that I will pass on is to be where the other photographers aren't. Be unique. You don't need to get the same shot that the other 10 people next to you are getting. Rod Mar once showed me a photo of Scott Strazzante who was shooting a game with a short lens surrounded by a gang of people with super-long glass.




South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia is sacked by Georgia linebacker Darryl Gamble, center, and defensive end Cornelius Washington as the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.



Georgia safety Bacarri Rambo throws South Carolina tailback Bryce Sherman to the ground in the second quarter as the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.



Georgia players wait to go out on the field before the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.



Georgia's A.J. Green runs with the ball after a catch in the third quarter as the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.

A lot of shooting football is guess work and predicting what the team will do. Anticipating the action. Like if Georgia is inside the 20, I will set up in the end zone with a short lens and hope it comes towards me. I want the context of whats going on. The biggest problem I'm running into is that superstar A.J. Green turns back to the quarterback when he makes his catches, thus negating anything amazing. So i have to stop my 'end-zone camping.'



Georgia's Vance Cuff grabs the face mast of South Carolina fullback Patrick DiMarco as the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.



Georgia cornerback Brandon Boykin returns a kickoff for a touchdown for 100 yards as the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.



A member of the UGA dance team dances in the stands as the #21 Georgia Bulldogs beat the South Carolina Gamecocks 41-37 at Sanford Stadium in Athens, Ga., on Saturday, September 12, 2009.

No comments: