Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cloak & Dagger Dating Service at Go Bar



Apparently there's a punk scene here in Athens. Who knew?

I went to Go Bar Friday night to see Thieves Market and Cloak & Dagger Dating Service were headlining. FANTASTIC.
Imagine a melodic Black Flag.





As usual, its ridiculously dark in Go Bar. Try 1/30th @2.8 @8000 ISO. The d700 could be the ultimate concert photography camera if it recorded video, but give it time.




Anyways, I haven't seen too many bands with this sense of stage presence here in Athens. I enjoyed them a lot. Makes my job & the photos a lot easier.



Looking back over the past two months, part of my photography dreams were to get amazing photos of skateboarding & music, ala Glen E. Friedman and his book "Fuck You Heroes." That book is a huge career influence in the vein that I want to make photos with that sort of energy and passion, especially in music and extreme sports. I love the energy that bands like C&DDS gave off and thats what i want to show the world.



Music is every much about the emotion that Mark Cunningham & The Burning Angels give off as it is with Cloak & Dagger. The pain and the anguish comes through in different ways, but is still just as raw.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are great photos. Thanks for sharing :)