Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shitty Candy and the Circus Peanuts at Caledonia (Back-to-School Edition)



My friends in Shitty Candy took to the stage with a smaller lineup, with one guitarist out on maternity, one dancer MIA, and a brand-new bass player. Such an event was not to be missed, even if it happened right after the opening night of high school football.



These days I've been shooting a lot of my concert stuff with an old manual focus 24/2.8. Its not a question of sharpness or anything like that, I am purposely trying to slow down my shooting, think & create more and blow through 500 frames less. Sometimes it happens.


For such a small club, Caledonia has really good light and the way they focus the lights - all 4 aimed at a central spot - makes vignetting the scene easy. The light drops off quickly and it looks nice to me.


I'm not sure if this was before or after an audience member started throwing fire crackers at the stage, with one going off a foot over my head. I'm still not happy about it, even if i had earplugs in it. One does not take well to explosives going off around their head.





El Diablo de barrio? There's a male bass player now.



Rockstar.

No comments: