Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion Shoot with Shelby McLeod



On the hottest day of the year, I photographed a fashion shoot with local country singer Shelby McLeod in the middle of a sunflower field in Rutledge, Ga.It was hectic, fast, furious, sweaty and a lot of fun. Shelby was great to work with and did everything I asked for.

More after the jump....
The sunflower/hand shot above is my favorite from the shoot. It was exactly what I wanted but never made the magazine.

All of this was lit by one or two small strobes.


I wish i had gotten more of the trees behind her so the edge light really would pop.


The goal was to show as many sunflowers as humanly possible.


Early in the shoot, still feeling it out.


The tractor was just sitting there.....


....It just begged to be used in a shoot.


We were shooting indoors when i saw the sun setting and we ran outside and did this, amidst some huge beetles that were attracted to the stalks of the sunflowers.



By this point, we were thoroughly dehydrated.


My "Julie Andrews" photo.








Should have kept the grids on. Too much light bouncing around.

No comments: