Friday, December 21, 2012

Holga Fun....

Beast's Castle in the New Fantasyland section of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Every now and again I like to break out the old film Holga 120 camera. Best 10 dollars I ever spent on a camera.

So I decided to take it around the New Fantasyland area at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.  (That should drive some SEO & page hits....)  More after the jump....



For those of you who do not know what a Holga camera is, it is a Russian made, toy plastic camera with a fixed 60mm lens, fixed shutter speed (around 1/100th I believe) and a lens of f/8 or f/11 and is subject to ridiculous light leaks. Mine is the original model.

I generally use it as a way of forcing me to be creative, forcing myself to focus mostly on the composition.  You have 12 frames per roll (the way i shoot) and thats it.  I like the look it gives.

Yes you can purchase Holga lenses for your Nikon if you want to but I really like being forced to slow the entire process down and think through my photos. 

A double-exposure of Gaston's Tavern and Beast's Castlein the New Fantasyland section of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
 
I do enjoy a good multiple exposure.


Journey of the Little Mermaid in the New Fantasyland section of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

And I tend to abuse the multiple exposure concept. Many people know this, especially if you follow my Instagram account.


No comments: