Friday, September 21, 2007

Random Standalones



A University of Georgia flag hangs outside a downtown store on Thursday, September 13, 2007.

The best part about Friday night football is the hour or two i spend archiving before games. The stuff I've put off and then some. Here's some random standalone goodness. Oddly, two i shot today.

The biggest thing I feel I've learned in my short time here in Georgia is learning the ability to "make" a photo; meaning taking something utterly boring and making it into a photo through some sort of artistic technique. I'm still growing and maturing.... although i've got two thing i have to stop milking. No more sillouettes and no more zooming. (See below with the knights)


A stained glass window from Colombia is illuminated in the lobby of St. Mary's Hospital.


A passer-by looks at crosses memorializing Georgia soliders that have fallen in Iraq near the arch at the entrance of the University of Georgia during the UN's International Day of Peace on Friday, September 21, 2007.

This photo makes me think of this song written by Eric Bogle. Ninety years after the 'War to end all Wars,' have we not learned anything as a world?

No comments: