Monday, December 31, 2007

Remote Happy Basketball




SO i went a little overboard last night shooting basketball. I set up my first backboard remote which worked fine. (D1x, 17/2.8 on AC power) Since i wasn't the main shooter for the game, i decided to shoot from various places in the stands with a 300 and put two other floor remotes (24/2.8 on a D1 and an 85/f2 on a D2h) to get some action.

Remotes are hit and miss. Either you have the stuff or you don't. I tend to fire all my cameras at the same time, synched off the camera i'm using in my hands. The problem with the D1 is image quality as well as battery. The battery likes to come loose and i forgot to tape it.





Anyways, for a boring game that Georgia won (tried to give away) 68-58 over a team who's playing D-1 for the first time ever. Pretty poor action to try and get. Lots of perimeter shooting in the first half and little driving the lane or going up for a layup, which really negated the backboard remote. A little better in the 2nd half but still very little play in the paint so that killed the D2/85. The D1/24 faired a little better but the battery seemed to have come loose (or died) when a mad scramble happened right in front of the camera, leaving me with nada from that sequence. All in all, i only kept 160 photos from the take.





Of course, this is my favorite as i'm testing the focus.... makes me laugh.

1 comment: