Thursday, October 16, 2008

Friday Night Lights - Commerce Edition



Running back Jon Cash drags a defender enroute to scoring a touchdown as the Commerce Tigers beat the Athens Christian Golden Eagles 49-20 on Friday, October 10, 2008.

I'm revisting Commerce as they play host to Athens Christian on Homecoming. Sofar I've been to two homecoming and home teams are doing better for me than they are for Rod Mar.



Quarterback Phillip Edwards runs for a touchdown in the third quarter as the Commerce Tigers beat the Athens Christian Golden Eagles on Friday, October 10, 2008.

The light is OK at Commerce but the sidelines are pretty narrow. The sideline rules are given a very liberal interpretation there.

As with most games when both teams are home teams, the big play always seems to happen away from me. Be it a kick return, a sweep that goes 85 yards or that big fumble, it always seems like its going away from me. I usually shoot whomever has the ball and this night, it didnt work all that much.





Junior Bree Hagard gasps as she is named "Miss Junior 2008" during homecoming ceremonies at halftime at Commerce High School on Friday, October 10, 2008.

She was very shocked that she was named as part of the homecoming court. Much better expression then who was named as homecoming queen.

Add in that our wireless card gave me fits. Hung up on me 23 times in the span of an hour. I missed deadline and that just pisses me off.



Linebacker Joey Moon raises a fist in the air after Athens Christian took a one point lead 14-13 as the Commerce Tigers beat the Athens Christian Golden Eagles 49-20 on Friday, October 10, 2008.



Quarterback Tyson Beacham loses control of the football as the Commerce Tigers beat the Athens Christian Golden Eagles on Friday, October 10, 2008.

No comments: