Monday, October 20, 2008

Homecoming!



Georgia alumni cheerleader Bill Dunaway cheers before the #10 Georgia Bulldogs beat the #22 Vanderbilt Commodores 24-14 at Sanford Stadium on Saturday, October 18, 2008.

Nothing like shooting 2 football games separated by about 16 hours. (More on the prep game later.) Georgia played Vandy for their homecoming game, first time they've both been ranked teams when they played.



Linebacker Darius Bewberry dives for the ball as he nearly intercepts a Mackenzi Adams pass as the #10 Georgia Bulldogs beat the #22 Vanderbilt Commodores 24-14 at Sanford Stadium on Saturday, October 18, 2008.

This is the first game I shot everything while kneeling. Football just looks better when you're looking at it from a slightly upwards angle, the players look more heroic or larger than life. It also cleans up the backgrounds so it gets just the crowd - not ugly white concrete or the benches - in your background. I had fun with it and my knees held up pretty well. I really tried to focus on putting myself in the right spot although i missed two touchdowns and several big plays because i let the side judge get in front of me. Yes, i got blocked but anymore i don't find that an acceptable excuse. I put myself in a bad spot and allowed myself to miss plays. You cannt do that and expect to perform at a big-time level.



Running back Knowshon Moreno tries to evade the tackle safety Reshard Langford as the #10 Georgia Bulldogs beat the #22 Vanderbilt Commodores 24-14 at Sanford Stadium on Saturday, October 18, 2008.

I get one more shot this season at Florida and i have to make it count. Maybe one more home game against Tech. I've made one or two nice pictures this season and the stuff is solid, it's just not outstanding and not whats going to get me a job at a major paper, not in this economic climate. I know i can be better..... (Anyone got a 400/2.8 they want to give away?)



Quarterback Matthew Stafford scrambles as he is chased by linebacker Patrick Benoist as the #10 Georgia Bulldogs beat the #22 Vanderbilt Commodores 24-14 at Sanford Stadium on Saturday, October 18, 2008.

I remember back to shooting a game back when i had an internship in York. Ohio St. v Penn State. Got a nice running play right off the bat that could have carried the page if necessary. Seemed so easy then.

No comments: