Thursday, October 9, 2008

Off to Church.....



Pastor Jody Hice gives his sermon while seen through a window at Bethlehem First Baptist Church on Sunday, October 5, 2008.

One of the more interesting things I've shot lately is Pastor Jody Hice at Bethlehem's First Baptist Church last Sunday. Pastor Hice is at odds with the Internal Revenue Service over whether or not non-profit Churches can endorse/promote politics and political speech.

... and that's a debate I'm not going to have on this blog. I'm not touching politics or religion here beyond that the folks at the Church were a very nice bunch to meet. Pastor Hice's sermon was very good and very well delivered. He's an excellent communicator and delivered his message well (Although personally I am not a book-of-revelations kinda guy, more of the C&E club.)

I made a neat photo through a window that i think illustrates how really is at the center of controversy. I liked it....

The church asked me to try and not really move around the room while his sermon was happening, which normally I would try and talk my way around but the massive back-spasms i was having influenced the decision to go LONG and shoot with the 300 f/4 and a teleconverter all the whilst sitting in a comfy chair. Pastor Hice makes for good photos.



Pastor Jody Hice gives his sermon while discussing the book of revelations at Bethlehem First Baptist Church on Sunday, October 5, 2008.

No comments: