Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thieves Market at Rialto Room



Amber Emard of Thieves Market.

Rock and roll looks a certain way, i've said that before with my DKM photos. Rock and roll is not glamorous, nor is it pretty. Its RAW and its about emotion and the music. I want my photos to convey that and more. Trying to get something more creative then singer+microphone at 200mm is the challenge. I want to apply what I've learned about photography in all these contexts and to really make something creative out of it. ANYONE can get a photo with a point and shoot from the edge of the stage. I want something more. Context is the biggest part of photography where i think I'm failing. I want the viewer to understand what the hell

So my friends Thieves Market told me they were playing a benefit show at the new swanky Rialto Room here in town. Its a great room, good acoustics and great light. However with it being a subdued room and a small backstage area and no side of stage area, I couldn't get 1/2 of what i wanted to do.



Racking the zoom of the lens to try and streak the scene.





Side of stage. Daniel playing bass.



Post-concert sillyness and band photo. (l-r) Brett, Daniel, Amber and Ryan.



Every once and awhile, people notice me. Makes me laugh.

No comments: