Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Vacation! DC and the Newseum



A Boeing 737 heads towards Reagan National Airport with the Smithsonian Castle in the foreground.

So i took some time off and headed off to the arctic, known as Northern Virginia and did some touristy stuff. I try to keep my tourist photos looking like they're not tourist photos.

Anyways, 2 days after Christmas, I visited the Newseum. As a working journalist, i was offered a 10% (2 dollar) discount but i forgot my ID back in my bag at home. Alas i tried to make good photos.



The remains of the antenna from the top of WTC 1.



The entire southern face of the building is glass and with the low sun in the afternoon, it made a neat silhouette.



A group of Segways appeared to drag race outside of the Canadian Embassy.



I just liked the light coming through the windows.



Thats where our laws come from. Pretty building.



Me and my silhouettes. Waiting for an orange line train home.

Saw something else interesting on the METRO platform but in light of what the Dept. of Homeland Security did to Fish this week, no way in hell I'm posting a picture of it.



A couple traveling on the Metro.

No comments: