Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thieves Market!



Last Wednesday my friends in Thieves Market had a show... and naturally i was there.

Its interesting photographing/documenting a band here at the beginning, even if its my friends. The show was good, the music was the best it has sounded yet. The thing with these small venues is that the light is awful. We're talking 6400 ISO 1/30-60th at 2.8 and the lights are generally not even, causing people's faces to be blown out.

In photographing them, i have to consciously remind myself that there are 4 people on the stage and they're all very into it and makes for good pictures. If only every band gave me good photos like this.







The setlist and whiskey. I find that alcohol and photos is generally a bad combination.









The quick aftershow meeting.



I just liked this photo. Its the bassist from one of the opening acts.

No comments: