Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Redemption



Shortstop Gordon Beckham celebrates a game-ending double-play as #8 Georgia beats Stanford 4-3 in the College World Series on Wednesday, June 16, 2008.

So i felt the need to step up my game. Really focused on what i had to do and made good photos. I liked it.

I had to take a different approach. I'm only needing to focus on Georgia and while yes, the third and first base boxes are nice, thats where AP, getty, and the wires all hang out. I want something different. Granted, i need the plays of the game (i got blocked on two, one of which inside the 3rd base box) but in a tight game, the jube and the action are going to be at the plate.



Pitcher Stephen Dodson pitches as #8 Georgia beats Stanford 4-3 in the College World Series on Wednesday, June 16, 2008.

I started the game behind the plate. Made some nice stuff of the pitcher and focused on the infielders for an inning. MOved to third base box for an inning, first base box for an inning and then first base bullpen box for an inning before sending. The first base side at Rosenblatt is a horrible idea during a 6 PM game unless you have a super-duper lens hood. You cant shoot the plate without LOTS of flare.

After sending in the top of the fifth, (3 pictures, barely got back out in time for the bottom 5) I went on the first base side of the plate and set up camp. Went back and forth between the 70-200 and the 400. I figured that if anyone was going to slide, i'd be right on top of it. If anyone went nuts, or the dugout went nuts, I'd be in a great perspective for it. And when it came time for game winning jube, I'd be in a prime spot for fielders going nuts.



Center fielder Matt Cerione jumps into the arms of shortstop Gordon Beckham after a game-ending double-play as #8 Georgia beats Stanford 4-3 in the College World Series on Wednesday, June 16, 2008.

I preplanned, i stayed ahead of the game, put myself in the right spot and got game-ending jube that wasn't seen on AP or Omaha. I'm competing with 4 AP shooters, 4 Omaha shooters. For my paper, i need to get better shots than them or its pointless for what i do.



Fans vie for a foul ball as #8 Georgia takes on Stanford in the College World Series on Wednesday, June 16, 2008.

No comments: