Monday, March 17, 2008

100th Post: Dropkick Murphys in Paradise



Ken Casey leans out to the crowd.

Wow.... its been 100 posts now. So lets kick it off right with tonight's Murphys show here on St. Pats Weekend at the Paradise Rock Club. For those keeping score, this is show 4 of 5 for this weekend as well as a WBCN live performance AND this morning's annual St. Pats breakfast. I thought *I* was tired.

A shout out to the 3 Murphys fans from Chicago at the Bull and Finch Pub (or Cheers Beacon Hill if you will) as well as Darrell from Roanoke and Allison(?) from Winchester and the newlyweds from FDNY and his NYPD buddy who joined us on the balcony. (And Renee's sister. Hi Renee's sister.)

More photos will be on the DKM Website at some point in the future.

Observations:

- Marc Orell was in attendance. He is now playing in "Gimmie Danger." (I have no information on them whatsoever beyond that, so don't ask me.)

- Line of the night goes to some blonde lady who walked up to Ken Casey in the hallway and said "... and who are you again? What do you do with the band?" I fell on the floor laughing at that one.

- The Paradise Rock Club is pretty small. Decent light but SMALL. About 650 for a capacity. Fans were not allowed on stage during "Kiss Me, I'm S$%#faced" or "Skinhead on the MBTA." Something about the fire code i think but I'm not 100% sure. Either way, i wasn't even allowed behind the baracade to shoot, but it was small enough that there's no bad view of the stage. I pretty much stuck to one spot in the balcony. Tomorrow i plan on shooting from somewhere else. Since its so small, i really cant shoot from up front, which is what i really like doing.

... And there are loud, drunk people and loud, drunk giggles emminating from the other side of that wall here in my hotel.



Stephanie Dougherty and Ken Casey sing.



My apologies to the two kids from the Berklee College of Music who are playing the strings in this photo. I have no idea who you are, but a punk band with a string section? Halley Feaster, left, and Chris Baum, join Dropkick Murphys on stage.



A random crowd surfer during the show.



Ken Casey at the end of the show.

No comments: