Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Murphys Limited Edition Album in Stores

Okay, this is several hours too late, but WTF.

The Dropkick Murphys have issued a special edition of their album The Meanest of Times for St Patty's Day featuring five bonus tracks, a DVD and apparently some photos taken by me in the CD booklet.

Exactly what pictures they used or how they used, i have no idea. There's a rumor going around that a deal was negotiated over the phone in front of "It's a Small World" at Disney World. (Write your own joke here)

My local record stores don't have it, ergo I don't have it and can't scan it and put it in here. (I'd ask why, but thats like asking why the road i live off of has 5 different names in 8 miles. It's Georgia. I'm coping.) When i finally get my copy, I'll post scans.

Seriously, I'm honored to have some of my work on an album of my favorite band. There's a way Rock and Roll, especially punk Rock, should be seen. And that's gritty, raw, and in your face. I can only hope some of the photos does the band justice because there's nothing like seeing this band live.

So go buy it. (No, i don't get a cut but I've heard 19 of the tracks and there's not a bad tune in the lot.) Meanwhile, me and my lady Ship up to Boston on Friday for some much deserved R&R and St. Paddy's Day shows.

.... And for my next wish? Boston-Philly World Series?

No comments: