Saturday, March 1, 2008

Gymnastics from Above



Katie Heenan after scoring a perfect 10 on the vault.

So I'm pretty much scared of heights. Not "kinda" or "sorta", rather downright afraid. Not necessarily of the falling, but moreso of the landing. So when a fellow staffer said once "Dude, it would be cool if...." naturally i said yes and forgot that I actually would have to put my money where my mouth was.



Heenan on the uneven bars.

So the catwalks at Stegman Coliseum aren't bad. Completely enclosed, no way to fall. Made me feel better anyways. Only problem is, they're never directly overhead of anything you want to shoot. So i did the best i could with the bad light, odd angles, metal grating and piece o' crap nikon 80-200 lens that was state of the art 3 or 4 generations ago. 2/3rds of the pictures are back focused and it really has me irritated.

But these were nice....



Courtney McCool on the uneven bars and the beam.





Hilary Mauro on the floor exercise.

No comments: