Monday, July 7, 2008

I need a New Website....

Ever have one of those days where you just realize that your marketing of yourself isn't even AA-Ball worthy?

I need a new website. I have some thoughts on beginning to make money and the first step (beyond upgrading my equipment to circa 2005-ish) is to get my name back out there in website form. Yea, i take good pictures, but theyre not presented well right now. I look worse then a college kid who doesn't know what D-76 is. I like what Neon Sky has done for people.

I went through hundreds of photos earlier and have a good beginnings of a website. Its been a good year. Kinda started back in August but really got going at the beginning of this year. I think i'm on a good run and i need to show stuff off if i ever want to break the $25,000/yr barrier.

I have to be able to market myself to new papers, potential clients and basically not look like a chump.

You have to spend money to make money and i can either sit around, waiting for the phone to never ring or i can put my foot forward and just go for it. Its not a case of going off and freelancing; rather the opposite. Its building a supplemental foundation that should be able to pay for itself (and hopefully pay off a credit card in the process).

So, new website and upgrading equipment is now at the top of the list of things to do.

1 comment:

kewlfocus said...

Hey,

Kelly and I designed my new website,not sure if you got it..
cdmcgonigal.com.

I took the non-super-serious photographer route, and I also found a good way to show off my editing. Kelly's trying to branch out and do more freelance web work, so, portfolios are a good place to start.