Tuesday, July 29, 2008

SEC Media Days Pt 1: The Skater and the Gator



So I did three days at the SEC Media Days at the Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover, Alabama. (If you ever go, i heartily recommend the cheeseburger but beware, decent beer costs $6 a bottle.) Getting interesting photos can be a challenge. Basically I'm looking for something beyond a talking head at a microphone, but since I'm shooting video for most of this, its something I'm going to be stuck with.

So i joined the hundreds of Florida fans to await the arrival of Heisman Award winner Tim Tebow. So who comes out of the elevator? Skateboarding guru Tony Hawk. (Full disclosure - I have owned a Tony Hawk video game.) I suppose Tony Hawk is to skateboarding what Tim Tebow is to Gator nation - something around godlike status.



Anyways, Tony Hawk stopped to sign an autograph or two while Tim Tebow ran past the crowds. I thought that was an interesting comparison.

No comments: