Thursday, June 25, 2009

McDonaldland fades away





I believe those are Mcdonaldland Playland equipment featuring Officer Big Mac and Grimace. (Behind the Hallmark Mobile Home Park in Athens, Ga on Wednesday, June 24, 2009)

I remember playing on the McDonaldland playgrounds when i was a kid. Imagine my surprise when I'm walking around a trailer park in the middle of a domestic dispute (which was simply a misdemeanor and very unvisual despite being dispatched as an individual trying to ram a trailer with a tractor-trailer) and to my surprise, i found this playground equipment just sitting there.

Clearly no one has played on them in years. Its interesting to see how this had faded into obscurity as McDonalds has completely done away with the concept of 'McDonaldland' as a marketing campaign.

No comments: