Friday, June 5, 2009

Vacation: Universal Edition



The fountain outside outside the Hard Rock Hotel at the Universal Resort in Orlando, Fla. (Its a rock'n'roll themed fountain. The front side looked so much better in the light but the repairman and his damm pickup truck was in the way and he just wouldn't go away)

For those Disney-enthusiasts that read this, the Hard-Rock Hotel is much like the All-Stars Resort, only with a nicer pool. Room service was good but that was about it. $10/day for internet? $15/day to park my car? I've stayed at some very nice hotels in my life like MGM's Mirage, the Westin in Boston and the Sanctuary at Kiawah Island and those are places where you get the money you pay for. Lowes' Hard Rock just didn't cut it for me. (Call me crazy but i expect my room to maid up EVERY day. And frankly if you're going to compete with Disney, give Disney service.)



At least there was a nice view out the window. (I brought a 14mm to use and experiment on a D3 that i borrowed. D3 is a fantastic camera, it only needs the self-cleaning sensor that the D700 has) I didn't expose for the sky and its a tad blown out.



This nice gentleman had a trick flame wallet at the Ice Cream shop downstairs. Had to crop it to death as i still just had the 14 on.



My sundae. (Generally hot-fudge sundae's come with hot-fudge and not cold Hershey's syrup.)




The Elvis display in the Lobby. Best part of the Resort.



Spanish Moss hanging from a tree by the car.

No comments: