Monday, August 16, 2010

Holly Belle at Flicker



I had a chance to step out of the comfort zone of stage light and rock music and caught my friend Holly playing at the Flicker Theater.

(There's no radial blur here, i turned the camera about 30-45 degrees to create the effect.)





Now i love how much my D700 saturates on the vivid setting - its similar to Fuji's Velvia film... only digitally. The biggest problem I've found is that under certain lighting situations (generally warm tungsten) that the reds and oranges will be so saturated that they blow out. There is a very simple solution - change it off the Vivid mode. Otherwise, its almost easier to flip it to black and white although I'm getting better at adjusting the curves in individual channels.


Rack-Zooming. I'm using this trick too much.






No comments: