Monday, August 30, 2010

Los Meesfits at Caledonia (Back-to-School Edition)



Mere hours after i finished driving into Athens, my friends in Los Meesfits played a show at the Caledonia Lounge. After ten hours of driving, spanish salsa music and dancing (complete with machete!) was exactly what was needed. more after the jump.



I tried to really capture the essence of the band. I went into it with just a 50/1.8 and just work the room as best i could.


There was something surreal about Carlos playing with the accordion before the show.


Geoff is the consumate showman. Brings a sense of rockabilly into the shows.


There was something about high heels being surrounded by all the sneakers.


Eric, Geoff & Celeste (far left)



Celeste.


Sinister Geoff









Complete with machete.

(The usual rule of "You can just run me over, I won't mind" was suspended while the machete was in play)

No comments: