Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Playing Tourist in DC




Every once in awhile, we all want to play tourist. I grew up around DC and there are so many photos that i always wanted to take, but never did. Now that I am 600 miles away, i can't exactly just up and do it anymore.... but when given the chance, i will force march myself around until i drop.



Sometimes we need a vacation to get away from our photos. So what is it that I do? I go and take more photos..... only they're photos of things I want to take photos of.



This is a statue called "The Awakening." It used to be in Haines Point in DC and was subsequently moved to National Harbor in Maryland. I couldn't resist trying a "King-Kong" like shot.



Trying to channel my inner street photography while crossing a street. All of these skateboarders came hustling by and it was a total grab shot.


Sunset at the World War 2 Memorial. Every time i tried to get a sunset shot, the sun would somehow find its way behind the cloud deck a half hour before the sun would get to the horizon.


Its a statue of Cupid at the entrance of the west building of the National Gallery of Art.


The Lincoln Memorial. Also, the second picture my mother managed to get into.


They didn't have rickshaws when I was a kid. Instead we walked.



I saw this photo coming and i was trying to find a way to shoot it better then with a long lens. Its a nice moment but it needs better/proper context. I'm not happy with it.



Random shadows in the Air & Space Museum.


Fishermen in the Patuxent River.



Steps of the National Gallery of Art.



A Tourist poses for a friend under a painting in the National Gallery of Art.


More fun in the National Gallery of Art.


1 comment:

Katiaaaaa<£ said...

wow i really like this one :O