Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In the Rain



A boy tries to hold an umbrella over the head of a man he is walking with as rain falls on Tuesday, August 3, 2010 in Athens, Ga.

I wish i was paying more attention sometimes. This photo happened behind me, beside me and i didn't see it until it was all the way down the block. I wish i had their faces and them coming towards the camera.

This image of absolute innocence of a child trying to hold the umbrella over the older, father type figure is just amazing IMO.

And they ran it too.

2 comments:

Melissa Bock said...

I love this photo! And I think the anonymity of shooting it from behind makes it even more poignant. Instead of being one particular child and one particular adult, it allows the imagination to project any man/boy into the figures. Great shot, David!

Katiaaaaa<£ said...

i love your photo's there soo cool and i love how you try and take things in different ways looking at what others might not see
im just starting out in photography and i wandered if you'd like to take alook at my website
http://katiebrillphotography.webs.com