Sunday, January 24, 2010

RedKlay in the Studio



Local hiphop artists Redklay in the ABH studios in Athens on Wed. Jan 13, 2010.

It was an interesting shoot. I had two white lightnings grid'ed from the rear corners with warming gels on them and two speedlights with 1/4 grids on them coming from the sides. As for a fill I was using my orbis ringflash with a CTO gel on it.

For a five-minute photo shoot, not bad. Not 100% what i wanted but the light looks good.

I'm still trying to master using this ringflash. I like it for a fill and I'm sure it will look great for fashion. However the third time out of the gate, it fell apart. So I'm not 100% sure about durability but I'm in contact with Orbis and I'm sure that there will be a good resolution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Man, I know this is kind of late but I'm A.P. from RedKlay, the one you talked to for about 30 mins before the other 2 members arrived. I am very greatful for the work that you did with us and I am surely lookkng forward to future shoots! Thaks agian David!