Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kayak Fishing



Zach Yurchuck fishes from his kayak on Lake Chapman at Sandy Creek Park on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 in Athens, Ga.

Every time I get up super early for a photo, it pays off. Our reporter set it up for me to call the subject and he would paddle back to shore around 10 AM. Instead, i decided to get up extra early and caught the steam coming off the lake.



Like most of my assignments, I went into this with the idea of trying to make as many photos as humanly possible out of it. You have a set subject, you have a set time so the hard parts are taken care of. From there you just have to create. No one is ever going to give you the epic photo assignment, complete with coffee in hand. Instead, you have to make your photos and make the opportunities work for you.



Framing, composition, nice light, etc.



Some people hate vignetting, some people love it. I go for a happy medium.



Hardest part of this shoot? Besides not being prepared to get in the water (I did not do that, i did not have peer pressure), the white pole behind my subjects head kept getting in the way.

No comments: